Before and After....a New Lamp

I decided after painting the end table to move the bedside table to the other side of the bed. Now I needed a new lamp. So off to PTO I went. There I found this.....

Not the best looking tarnished and blah brass lamp.  But look at all the details......


So after my usual treatment....three coats of white paint we have this....

one coat...
three coats..



I went to Big Lots this morning and found this great lamp shade. It is chocolate brown damask. I don't have too much brown in the room but I think it works with the finish on the bed and a teal and brown pillow on the bed...

You can tell the paint is still tacky...I have a piece of cardboard under the lamp!
Here you can see the pattern on the lamp shade. The total cost for the project $16.00 plus some white paint. Not too bad. I probably could have found something at Home Goods for about the same price but, I like doing it myself.

2 comments:

  1. You've done such a nice job on your lamp, and I like the contrast of the shade. What kind of paint do you think works best for spraying metal? Thanks for sharing your well done project. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful. I love the shape of the lamp and the shade is beautiful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete