Hutch Redo

First my hutch looked like this on the top.....

OK, but  nothing special. I found inspiration in the Ballard Designs catalog.



Of course the items on their site would have cost well over $100.00. I found all of mine either free, in the basement or at Salvation Army!


The picture in the catalog had the clock leaning against the wall. My clock was too small to lean so it is hung above the hutch.  The clock had been on the wall facing the hutch....just rehung...cost? zero! The black vase I have had for years. I think I paid about $8.00 at Target. The faux paper lanterns (I think that is what they are called) I bought on clearance three for about $2.00.

Both the brown and bluish green bottles I found at Salvation Army. I think I paid about $4.00 for both of them. The jute covered carafe I found at Home Goods for $5.99, more than I usually pay but, it is perfect for my display.  I am happy with the way everything turned out. And it was a lot less than the Ballard Design look. The Look for Less! I will be joining Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Love your vignette. It looks perfect. You found some really pretty things and the composition is lovely. Great job. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cute. I love your milk jugs §;-)

    Have a happy TS...

    Greetings from Stockholm,
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great makeover....I love being a copycat when I see a look I like :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely vignette. It is so much fun to take an inspiration like that and turn it into your own, especially when you don't have to spend a lot of money to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go! You have taken a good idea and made it your own. Thank you for sharing your charming vignette. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete