First Sunday in Advent Tablescape

The first Sunday in Advent is Hope. I found the scrabble tiles and racks at the thrift store. I had almost given up.....I had been looking for these for a couple of years.
I have a huge collection of bottle brush trees. Anytime I find them at a thrift store on clearance I buy them. I must have over 100!


The stars candle holder are from the thrift store. Of course! I didn't have pink and purple candles so I used white.

These pink napkins are also thrift store finds. Maybe they are hankies I am not sure. I layered the sheer pink napkin over a velvet burgundy napkin. The crystal napkin rings....you guessed it... thrift store!

The dishes from Salvation Army are called Churchill and are made in England. There are eight plates and four bowls. I think I paid about 15.00 for them. The placemats are from the Dollar Tree.


I love my vintage Christmas glasses. They were my grandma's and are about 50 years old. There are only 5 remaining so I am very careful with them. They are not valuable but have a lot of memories and sentimental value to me.
The flatware was my mother's. I don't remember the pattern but, I think it is by Community.
My first tablescape for the Advent season. I will try to do three more! I have been working a lot of hours 50+ so I don't have a lot of time. I will be joining Marty at a Stroll Thru Life for tabletop Tuesday and Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the dishes and glasses, along with the trees centerìece. Hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pinks mixed with red, against the green and white, is really an effective choice. Adore the dinnerware! Thanks for inviting us for a peak at your Advent design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful table. I love the pinks and those trees are wonderful. Thanks for taking time out to set the table for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the dishes...and the bottle brush tree centerpiece.

    ReplyDelete