January Tablescape


I found the inspiration on another blog (unfortunately, I can't remember which one, I will edit when I remember) for using these dishes. They are Friendly Village by Johnson Brothers made in England. This pattern was introduced in 1953. This set belonged to my grandma, it it green and my great grandma had a brown set that my mother's cousin now has. When I was younger I did not like them at all. I thought they were much too dark and dreary. Now, I like them especially for the fall and winter season although, some of my pieces do have summer and spring themes. It is funny where you find items that go together. The candle holders I found at the Salvation Army, the cachepots are from the Dollar Tree, as are the tall green wine glasses and the sweet little birds. In memory of my sweet husband is the bottle of Bo (Schembelcher) Merlot never opened and will always be in my tablescapes! The shorter green goblets are vintage and also belonged to my  grandma. Every time I talk with my mother she asks if I want another set of dishes, glasses or some other trinket. Eventually all her things will be at my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment