Outdoor Wednesday Old Photos


I don't have very many nice outdoor pictures so I thought I would share some of these old ones I recently found. My mother is interested in the history of Ypsilanti, MI.  For Christmas I researched businesses and events of the early years of Ypsi. These are some of the photos I found. I searched for copyrights....probably too old. The top pic is Depot Town, Ypsilanti, Michigan early 1900's.  The building on the right is now a local favorite hamburger place, Side Track. The corner of the building is now gone after a train derailed and hit the building years ago.

The second photo is Gaudy's Chocolate and was located in the downtown area. My grandpa bought my grandmother an large Regina antique music box from them in 1940 or '41 for their anniversary. I am not sure why a chocolate shop had a music box..... I love old black and white pictures. I hope you enjoy them. I will be joining Outdoor Wednesday at The Southern Daydreamer http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/2010/03/331-outdoor-wednesday-64.html

2 comments:

  1. I just love old pictures of the way things used to be! Especially if you can stand in the same spot and see the changes for yourself! Hope you are having a great Outdoor Wednesday and have a Happy Easter too! Sherri : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old black and whites are so beautiful and interesting. I just love the old car in the first one.

    ReplyDelete