Mother's Day Tablescape.....Four Generations of......

dishes! I bet you thought I was going to say mother/daughter! 

The dinner plates I found at PTO thrift store. They were .50 cents each. Both are in only fair condition but I liked the patterns so well I bought them anyway! I especially like the  BROWN transfer ware. It has crazing, chips and small cracks so I strategically placed the napkin :)
The chargers I found at The Salvation Army. There were $2.99 each. The scalloped edged one says "Made in Italy" on the back. I really like it but of course they only had one. Just my luck!
The glasses are my Waterford crystal collection that I never use. The pattern is Lismore. I love the way light plays off of it. The blue tea cup and saucer belonged to my great-grandmother. The story goes that she brought these with her from England when she sailed to Mexico to be married in 1911. There are several small plates but only one cup and saucer and one larger plate left. I assume over the past one hundred years some have been broken. The teaspoons on the saucers are my grandmother's pattern. Community Coronation. They are not my grandmother's (my mother has those) these I found at Value World.....for .30 cents each!
The creamer and sugar are pieces that go with my grandmother's set of dishes. The name on the back says Kongo. I have eleven settings....my cousin wanted one setting and a bowl...I have the rest.The tea cup and saucer were my grandmother's. I think she had about 100 tea cups and saucers!
 

More of my Waterford glasses.

This is the other plate I found at PTO. It has very delicate Lilac's around the border. This is the other charger I found at Salvation Army. I think it looks like a sand dollar! Here you can also see the flatware that was my mother's wedding flatware. It is Community and the pattern is Affection.
I won these Waterford salt and pepper shakers at a silent auction. The winning bid?......$10.00! I felt guilty for paying such a low price, well not too guilty!





And there you have it. A table set with four generations of dishes. Great-grandmother, grandmother, mother and me! Happy Mother's Day! I will be joining Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch. Click on the button to see the other posts.



The only four generations picture I have. This was taken when my parents and I lived in California. I am the blond girl sitting with her great-grandma, grandma standing on the left and mother on the right. I am guessing this was taken about 40 years ago. Yikes!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful china, crystal and silver, Lisa. I love the picture of the ladies in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture. We took a picture of 4 generations just before my grandmother passed away. A treasure. My post is about mixing patterns, etc. Drop by Atticmag to see! Came over from BNOTP. Enjoyed your post.

    Allison
    Atticmag

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet table & story of all the dishes. Don't you just love mix & match! You can make so much work together for so little!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice....so interesting to hear the background of all the family pieces. What treasures, but especially family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely table. Love the story of where all your dishes came from.
    Darling picture of 4 generations. I have one somewhere of 5 generations believe it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful picture to spotlight a table full of memories! I loved the stories of your acquisitions and your table looks terrific. What a great memory for Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete